Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rocktober Race

Well, E and I went racing in Pa on Saturday. It was super cool, for about 90min of the 7hr race. The course was a cloverleaf with 3 different loops. The trails were a mix of dirt road, paved road and single track. The single track was special. Lets just say WV love. The race started, hot with a 3 mile dirt road climb. Then a 1mile scramble down a rock face. Fun! After this you got another dose of dirt road climbing and then some more death march single tract and then you only had 65 miles to go! Anyway I was super excited. Then disaster struck. I flatted, had a bad co2 and then ruined my only tube. Note, this is how you go from 3rd to 55th in about 15min. The since everything was going so well I walked the rest of the first loop. I meet up with a new friend, he need a bolt for his broken cleat so I gave him my bolt (not needed for Walking) then I finished my cool down walk 90min and 6miles later at check point 1. Ole yeah Brandon won the race and E was 7th. Anyway the legs were good for the riding part, and I might be going to a big race this weekend, more on that later.

1 comment:

MikeV said...

Do you want to go up to the Gaslight crit in Michigan on Memorial Day?