Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Utah Postscript


Well, I am back to the low lands, and I can breath again! Anyway, Utah didn't go quite as well as planned. DNF and almost DFL are never good. I did get to ride my bike in a beautiful place so don't feel to sorry for me. Stage 2 I could not deal with the pace at the high elevation, just couldn't go. Stage 3 I made it on the back of the lead group, then proceed to have about as many mechanical's as possible and still finish. Stage 4 I decided to go to Zion National Park, rather than race for last place. It was a good call. The park was incredible! So is it cross season yet?

2 comments:

JC said...

Hope that wasn't a almost "Did Finish Life" DFL Clarify

Mark said...

Shawn,
doing some research on this race for 09. would you go back and do it again? or is altitude the biggest issue for us midwesterners?

thanks