Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Base

Well, I haven’t been posting much lately because I’ve been bikin’ a lot. Base one is over, and I am on my rest week.

I just started my training In February after about 2 months off. That’s the most time I taken off in about five seasons. I needed the break. The later start will allow me to stay fresher for cross season. Which is my man focus this season.

I kicked off base one by going to Florida with Josh to start training in good weather. The week in Florida was great because the weather was sunny and the roads were flat, a good place to get steady mileage in and work on my bike tan. After that week it was back to the artic north and cold weather training. The rest of the month was good; last week was the best week of training in February in Ohio for me ever.

Base two will start next week after I test on Friday. This month will be focused on tempo and endurance. I hope to get some longer climbing and work threshold some. There will also be some controlled group rides thrown in to get variable pace to get ready for racing. If the weather is bad I pan on going to some place warm to get a good week in.

Well that’s about all I got. I will talk more about base two this month and put up some Trainingpeaks carts up if any one cares. Ride On.

1 comment:

JC said...

Did I miss something? So your not going to ride again in Ohio in February? This means you are moving? I hope not, need someone to beat me up in CX and I may do a Mountain bike race too.