Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cohutta 100 recap

Well I got the first hundred under the belt for the season. The race went well just a bit off of the leaders. I have done this race 3 times, 2007, 2008 and 2011. The race results are very similar in all 3. The first year I was 5th and was racing for the win, in the 2nd I was just off of the leaders and was 8th. This year I was just off of the leaders in 8th again.

The conditions were great and it was a fast race for a hundred. The race starts with a 3 mile road climb the about 15 miles of single-tract the about 70 miles of dirt road and the rest is nice single-tract to finish. I was in 10th going into the single-tract; I should have been more agro and got the hole- shot! I came off of the leaders going into the dirt road section. This was not good because I road by myself for the rest of the race. I ended up catching 2 riders who made the front group and finished 8th. This was the best my legs felt but I need to be in the group to draft on the dirt roads, overall a good day.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/national-ultra-endurance-nue-series-cohutta-100-ne/results

http://www.mtbracenews.com/view_article.jsp?id=303

3 comments:

simonster said...

Nice job Shawn. Good to see you back in the mix.

What is Cyclocross said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
What is Cyclocross said...

thanks bud....to bad about your flat you were rockin...shawn