Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cohutta Version 2

The Cohutta 100, NUE #1. The course was a single loop 100mile mountain bike race. The start was at the 1996 Olympic white water center. It was in the great big canyon, very impressive and beautiful place. The race started out with a 3mile pavement climb, then it went into the single track for about 10-15miles. It was important to get a good start going into the singletract, which would make the day go a lot easier. I was 8th going into the singletract on Ross Clark’s wheel, a good spot we got gapped off on the 1st descent by the rider in front of us I was able to make the front group on the next single tract climb but I came off before the top. Chris Eatough, Jeff Shalk and Floyd Landis were right in front of us. During the singletract section Eatough and 6 others got a gap. After the singletract we came out on to about 70miles of fire road. I was in a group of 3 that didn’t work very well together, because of this we were not able to catch the front group. Overall I was really proud of the way that the day went. I was on the podium in 8th place in my first 100 mile MTB race of the season. It was a great day. Team Lake Effect and Bike Authority have been great and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Pics Here: http://www.bluebasinphoto.com/Cohutta%20100%20Mountain%20Bike%20Race/502465
Full Results Here: http://www.newleafadventures.com/files/Cohutta_results_all_races_2.pdf

3 comments:

Jay Heverly said...

Good job at Cohutta! Those fire roads are endless. Coming from a fellow brother Local 709(Upstate NY). I dabble at the 100 mile MTB races but havent built the fitness to hit the whole series YET!

What is Cyclocross said...

Thanks man. Just doing one is tough. The Mohican race is cool if you are thinking about doing another one.

Jay Heverly said...

been there 2. I agree it is much better single than ALOT of places then again its OHIO . Training secrets for hundies?