Tuesday, October 30, 2012


OVCX 6 Eva Bandman Worlds Venue

The next stop on the ovcx tour was Eva Bandman. The park is where the World Championship takes place in Feb. I really enjoy this park and Louisville; it’s a fun fast course.

The race was fast from the whistle and I got a poor start because I missed my pedal and was in about 20th after the first lap. I knew right away that I wasn’t on a good day. My exercise induced asthma was bad and I couldn’t breathe. It was going to be a long day on the bike. Long story short I worked my way up to 15th by the end and was disappointed but it happens sometimes.  I need to warm up longer and I was not dressed warm enough for the temp and wind chill. I knew better and will correct it this weekend at the Cincinnati uci weekend.

On a positive note a Cycle-Smart athlete Ryan Knapp won and started at the back of the 60 plus field! Look for him to hit it in Cincinnati this weekend!
Stay safe in the Frankenstorm!

No comments: