Monday, October 1, 2012

OVCX 2 St. Mary's


We headed down to the2nd ovcx race in Indianapolis Indiana on Saturday to pre ride for the race on Sunday. I got to the course and rode 4-5 laps and felt pretty good for just getting out of the car after a 5hr drive. The course was a grassy and bumpy. It looked like we would be doing high 6min laps and it was going to beat your back up. I decided to run Grifo’s at 27psi for the bumpy and loose turns. Had a good dinner at http://bruggebrasserie.com/ and was ready to rock the 2nd race of the ovcx season.

Race day warm up went well and I was ready to race. I was front row this based on the results of ovcx 1. There was another huge field in the elite race around 55 starters. This is a great sigh for the ovcx. The total entry’s for the race was around 500 again for the race. I ended up with a decent start and was in 10-12th after the first lap. I was ok with my position because of how fast the course was and I knew it would break up later, but Josh Johnson had other ideas he checked out and had about 40sec after 3 laps. He was fresh off of 3rd place at UCI gateway cup on Wednesday. He ended up crushing us all and won by over 2 min. Meanwhile I was battling for the 3rdafter Mitchel Kersting went on the attack with about 4 laps to go. I positioned myself poorly for the last 3 laps and ended up getting 8th. Better than the first week and my back is feeling better. We had post-race beer at http://tritonbrewing.com a great sponsor of the race.

This week we get to race in Ohio and it’s my birthday!

Results


 

No comments: