Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ups and Downs


OVCX 3 Dayton
 
I headed down to the 3nd ovcx race in Dayton on Saturday, a relatively easy drive of 3hrs. I didn’t need to get a hotel and could be home that night all good things about close races. The course was in an old park that had an amphitheater in it that we rode up beside and the rest was more bumpy grass, with lots of long power sections. Not really best conditions for my skill set. Long story short I was having breathing problem with my asthma from the cold dry air and was riding poorly. Then about half way through I rolled my rear tubular off the rim and had to put it back on and ride to the pit. This was the end of the day for me. DNF.

NEOCX Euclid

Euclid was a local race that was about a hr. from my house on Sunday. The weather was nice in the morning but by race time it was 40 and raining. I was bummed out from the day before but was determined to race better that yesterday

The course was right on Lake Erie and was super muddy and turnery, perfect for my skill set. I got a good start and was in a good battle with John Proppe and mtb legend Gunner Shoegrin. We were racing hard and soon had a gap on the rest of the field. I pinch flatted my front wheel on a rock and had to change bikes but was able to stay on the group about half way through John broke his chain and had to run so I got a good gap and stayed on the gas. I was able to take the win! It felt good after having a poor performance the day before. Gunner ended up 2nd and it was a good battle. So an up and down weekend, hopefully there will be more ups than downs the rest of the season.

 

No comments: